Monday, June 14, 2010

Projects Two and Three: Official Commentary

If any players are around from the days of the first few seasons, you'll remember that it would sometimes take almost a month or at least several weeks to go from project to project. Did you ever think we'd see two complete projects play out within the course of a week? I've got to say, that's one of the things that's improved with the game, well along with pretty much everything, is how much more efficient and on top of things we were now. Anyways, the last two projects basically could be viewed as one big project, which I why I decided to write just one blog post about the two.

The basic theme of the projects was essentially getting to the root of what Disney does best, what sets them above the competition, which of course is the detail and immerse quality of all their parks. Hidden Mickeys and off the beaten path areas really aren't found anywhere else in the world, are they? I mean sure, other theme parks have quiet areas that are away from the hustle and bustle, but they don't immerse yourself in it quiet like Disney. As for Hidden Mickeys...Well, I'd say it's safe to say that they are simply a breed all their own.

The team interaction these two projects were great. It doesn't matter that the Favorites came out winning both of them, pretty much everyone did a great job in brainstorming this time around, and the people that didn't really contribute are now eliminated. That's one of the only things I didn't really care for about this particular set of projects was the stagnancy of the eliminations. Then again, when a player disappears, it really can't be helped. Now that were down to this particular group of ten, I really feel that things will competitively get really intense form here on out. There's really no fat to trim off of either of the teams anymore. Each person is pretty much essential to how the teams work as a whole. It will be a pretty riveting experience now that everyone left is a pretty big player.

I think the projects themselves were easily some of the better ones I've seen in the early stages of the game in any season, especially from the Favorites side. I must say, in this situation, it really reminds me of how Team Ansem won the first two projects in Season Six. They had the presentation aspect of the game down, something Team Yensid didn't possess. I think that's where the Fans' shortcoming is as well. To be honest, the Fans come up with some really clever ideas...It's their selling of their ideas that they have to work on. It's not that their projects aren't well written or anything, it's just that they could use a little bit more of a "wow" factor to them, that the Favorites have. I can't really explain it, it's something you guys will have to find for yourselves. In my opinion, the Off the Beaten Path project was a blowout in favor of the Favorites, but the Hidden Mickeys project was actually very close, and both teams presented really interesting ideas.

I really don't know what happened regarding the pair of eliminations these past projects, Twilight Roxas and Disneyman88. With Roxas, I really think it comes down to him simply not being invested in the game. I really don't think he ever contributed much of anything in his run. It's a shame, considering how out of the box he's been when I've worked with him. Hopefully he'll shine in this competition yet. As for Disneyman88, again, I think this is really a shame. I think it's basically a case of some kind of personal or computer related difficulty keeping the person from posting. Why else would someone so dedicated seem to drop off the face of the earth like that? With that being said, I think eliminating these two really eliminated the only "dead weights" left in the cast.

Now were on to the real competition. I'm hoping KingMickey on the Fans team can bring them some victory. Remember, KingMickey was the Team Leader of Team Ansem, the very same team that won the first two projects in Season Six. He knows about presentation. And like I said, things are about to get REALLY intense from here on out. I won't get into details, but prepare for a major game changing twist at the end of this project...In the meantime, get to work on your carnival rides, and here's to Season Seven's continued success!

-Tiki

No comments:

Post a Comment