Friday, April 9, 2010

Top 10 Projects: Part One

Hello everyone. Tiki here. Well, for the past week or so, I've been looking over all the past projects, compiling the best of the best, and slavishly working on getting the best Top 10 Projects list possible. I think I've come to a satisfactory list. A few guidelines before we get started. One, this isn't really 100% accurate, as there are some players that dominate the game in a way that, pretty much every project they did would statistically belong in a top 10 list. This list is a little different. I've tried hard not to have so many repeats (though with one contestant in particular, that was simply impossible due to his vast back catalog of impressive projects) and above anything I've striven to acknowledge originality. So, without further ado, here's the first two on the list. This list will be five parts, each containing two projects.

10. All That Jazz Shop/Hungry Bear Refurb (Jessiestudio. Season Six, Project Six)

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/325028-post31.html

This project is not particularly memorable, legendary, or game changing. The reason I put it on the list was for one reason and one reason only. I acknowledge the creativity. This is one of those projects that I've simply forgotten about in the vast library of overall projects, but one that, upon me scanning the past seasons, really popped out to me.

Season four, in general, was top quality. One could even argue that perhaps it was even the best season ever, though it faces SERIOUS competition from season six in that regard. Regardless, in the first five seasons, it was the only one to feature a cast I'd comfortably call "complete". Those early seasons were rocky, but this one, for some reason, ended up being a slam dunk. I love this project simply because it's not really flashy, but the ideas at work just seem to run off the page. I especially love the inspired idea of putting a waterfall in the Hungry Bear. Jessiestudio was just one of the many faces of season four, but like I said, for some reason looking back on that season, this project pops out to me as something special, and a great way to start our countdown.

9. Wall*Experience (Basketbuddy101. Season Three, Project Four)

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/forum/f60/season-3-project-4-a-22978/index3.html#post280752

Survivor had Richard Hatch. Big Brother had Dr. Will. The Amazing Race had Team Guido. These are all players who, in one way or another, more or less defined the way their respective games have been played. If So, You Want to be an Imagineer had one of those players, I'd have to give the honor to BasketBuddy. A big force from literally day one, BasketBuddy is more or less a towering figure when it comes to the game. Four seasons, one making the final four, two making the final two, and finally, in season four, a win. How's that for a track record?

Season three was...not as good as season four. As a matter of fact, for my money, it was easily the least enjoyable season. I don't know what it was. Perhaps it was the fact that MadAboutMickey was obviously going to win from the very beginning. Perhaps it's the fact that the competition that season just...didn't seem to be there. Whatever it was, season three kind of just seems like this uneventful bump in the road when it comes to the grand scheme of things. Anyone who was on that season, take no offense. It wasn't any one cast member who caused this, it was just the fact that the season itself was uneventful.

Regardless, I felt the need to include at least one project from every season, so I just decided to pick out the individual one I felt was the strongest upon re-reading for season three, and well...here we go. There's not really much to talk about in terms of the actual project. It's classic BasketBuddy brand perfection. First of all, I love the way the whole thing is so unified. It doesn't even feel like just an attraction as much as it does more an extension of Tomorrowland. When we assign multi-part projects, more often than not the projects that we get will feel like separate entities. This project, however, feels like one complete product, and that's what I love about it.

Alright folks, there you have it, your first two projects on our list. To close things out, I'd like to announce the official first twist of season seven. This will be open to everyone, including returning players and all stars. I will be doing this list throughout April. Probably on a weekly basis. Throughout April, you guys have the chance to not only score a guaranteed spot in the season seven cast, but also score a secret power that you can use in the game. How do you get this? Simple, send me a PM, doing a write up on your personal favorite project. The best write up will be notified via PM. Again I must emphasize, All Stars, if any of you are dying to play in season seven, this is perhaps your best chance. You guys will have until sign ups start to PM your write ups to me.

Alright. I hope you enjoyed the start of this list. Part two coming soon.

-Tiki

No comments:

Post a Comment